Tuesday, August 5, 2008

About Shannon



Welcome, welcome, welcome!  I wish I was introducing myself to you in person as I find these 'about me's' to be difficult to convey who I am and what I do in a few short paragraphs.  I hope someday we  have the opportunity to meet, but until then, here is a little glimpse of me.

I always feel like these things start out with a person's statistics.  Am I right?  So I have included mine at the end of this page.

So lets get down to why you are here.  Why should I be your photographer?   First let me start off by saying that you don't need me telling you how fast children grow and change; or how important it is to capture these moments.  If you love a child you already know this.  I also know that choosing a photographer and getting your family ready for a photo shoot can sometimes be over whelming.  Trust me, I understand.

For me, getting my family ready for family picture day can be, well, a challenge.  Let's face it, it can be hard making everyone look their very best {especially while trying to keep everyone happy in the process}.  However, after it is all said and done I am always so glad I put my family {and of course myself} through yet another photo shoot. I don't know about you but no matter how hard I try to hang on to the memories of what my kids looked like at 1 week, 6 months, 2 years or even 3 months ago it is nearly impossible. These sessions are my life line to our remember when's.... So I will continue to talk my seven year old into wearing his converse's, a button up, and if I am really lucky a tie or hat. I will tolerate the grumbles and complaints I sometimes get, and say your welcome as we look back on all our remember when's.
I respect your time and the effort it takes in making this happen for your family.  I guarantee you will never regret it if you decide to choose me as your photographer.  Not only do I promise to give you beautiful images you will want to hang proudly in your home, but I also promise to make the process from start to finish easy and enjoyable.  From styling to location decisions I will be there to help guide you.  Together we will create your unique remember when's.

I hope you have had a chance to look around my blog or website to gain a feel for my photographic style.  If you haven't, please take a moment to do so.  When choosing a photographer, I believe it is so important that their style reflects that of your families.  You should feel inspired when you look at their work.  That is my hope for what you find here as you view my images.  If  that is the case please don't hesitate to contact me.  I look forward to the possibility of meeting you.......in person.

Shannon Morgan - About Me Statistics:
Name:  Shannon Morgan
Age:  32              Height:  5'7"           Weight: {Come on!  Did you really think I was going to??}
Location:  Bainbridge Island, Washington 98110
Occupation:  Photographer
{Award Winning Photographer 2009}
{Published in 2012 Keith Urban Calendar}
Marital Status:  Married  {His name is Ben, and if you care to know he is 6'8'.   He has other endearing and interesting qualities but that by far is the most noticeable.}
Children:
Braydon - 7   {He is all boy!  Which simply translates to a lot of running, jumping, wrestling, and climbing.  Combine that with a tender heart and the sweetest smile and you have my Braydon.}
Brooks - 4   {He was blessed with his Mother's obsessive tendencies for order, and he isn't afraid to voice his preferences.  His best friend is his 'browder bwaydon'.  He says the silliest things, and still loves to cuddle his Mommy.}
Hobbies:  I wish I had time for a 'hobby'!  {I do love to read, and I make time every night for a good book.}
Favorite Color:  I think it is safe to say a light bluish/green {If you can't tell by my brand.}
Favorite Pair of Shoes:  My white/black/gray Converse's hands down. {They are my go to session shoes.}
Celebrity Crush:  This one is important.   Are you ready......Keith Urban.   I love him.  Deeply.  I met him last year and the experience has taken the word 'crush' to a whole new level.  I also had the honor of having one of my images of him selected to be published in his 2012 Calendar {Located in the Month of November}.



Shannon
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
shannon@shannonmphotography.com
206-715-5676