Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oooch!

When I saw that this weeks challenge over at I Heart Faces, was pet faces I couldn't resist sharing our dearest and ONLY pet with you all.....Ooch :)!

My Mom and Dad bought me Ooch when I was 12 years old.  My little family inherited him two years ago.  So I guess that makes him atleast 20.  We have no idea how old he was when we bought him because this little guy hasn't grown at ALL since we got hiim.  He could be 100 I suppose :)!  I hope one day to pass him onto my children.

Turtles are the BEST pets ever :)!





6 comments:

Shalie said...

Very cool picture Shannon!! I didn't know Turtles lived to be that old!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. I love turtles and your guy is priceless. Great shot, wonderful depth of field and great use of black and white. How unique to find this shot among all the kittens and pups!

DreamaReneePhotography said...

Love the texture of the leather and of course the turtle!

MariePhotographie said...

That picture has such amazing texture! I love it. We had a turtle growing up, too, and it was easily one of my favorite pets!

Shannon said...

I completely agree about the texture and depth of field. And I think it's too cool to see a turtle as a family pet. I think my husband had one... ;)

Dart said...

One of the first things I used to do when we came to your house was find Ooch! I loved holding him and just watching him. So fun!