Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I am Beary Beary HOT!!!

If you aren't in Washington right now let me just say that it is pushing 100 DEGREES!!!! If you are one of the many suffering without AC right now, let me just tell you I feel your pain, or at least can smell your perspiration (I think I have lost five pounds just in water weight today :)).

We are back from another trip filled with Alaskan adventures. This year the itinerary consisted of taking a bush flight out of Dillingham to the first of four lakes that we canoed down (with the help of an outboard motor, thank goodness!!). I think it was close to 80 plus miles total over a week. We saw 20 brown bears at various distances, all of which had me wishing I had purchased a decent zoom lens, but I did what could with my 28-135mm kit lens.

I have TONS more to share, but have yet to even start going through them. Meanwhile let me introduce you to the first bear of our trip. This is a small male that visited us in camp several times during our one night stay, but was kind enough to let us watch him from our canoes for quite sometime.....I could watch these amazing animals all day if they would let me :)!!

6 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

Wo!! I was staring at this picture when Magnet snapped at a mosquito. Between this bear looking me dead in the eyes and the startling sound of his clap, I jumped outof my seat! haha

Sooo glad you're back! Can't wait to see more!

Shalie said...

OK you are brave! I would FREAK out with a bear in my camp. I can't wait to hear about your trip, hope it was great. Love you guys

Courtney said...

We are melting too. All the kids slept downstairs last night with the box fan and Brad and I took over the other 2 fans. Anyways... I love this picture! The colors are fantastic! So glad you're back and posting again. :)

MJC said...

That is a great photo! I could watch them all day too, they are amazing.

mindy said...

Wow. that's all i can say.

JamieVB said...

Beautiful picture Shannon!! I bet it was even better to see them in person. I can only imagine. Welcome home.