Friday, December 12, 2008

Gratitude!!

Today was a very humbling day for me. I like to think of myself as a very strong independent woman who can take care of myself and my family with little to no help. With Mr. B traveling a lot I am continually putting those thoughts to the test. Today they were challenged, and I had to reach out for help. After four days of taking care of my two extremely sick boys it caught up with me. I don't remember the last time I have felt so terrible. I finally had to break down and in teary pleas ask for help from my amazing friends who happen to be my neighbors Mrs. J and Mrs. M. I felt extremely embarrassed to admit that I couldn't take care of my own kids. Bottom line is I am so thankful for these woman, and the examples they are to me. I am getting chocked up just thinking about it, but I just want both of you to know how much I love and appreciate you guys. What I came to realize today is that I still am a strong independent woman, but a strong independent woman with amazing friends. Thank You!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I am so sorry your boys have been so sick, but I am SO GLAD that you have strong women around you to help you when needed!

Miss you.

Shalie said...

I'm glad you asked for help. We weren't meant to do it alone you know!

Marcie said...

That is one thing that I have learned with Jason being gone, is that it is ok to ask for help. It's not easy but for sanity sake we all need help.

Hailey's Helpful Hints said...

Awww Shannon....I know your pain all too well! You are a strong woman - an amazing woman - that is an inspiration to me. I think Dave traveling with ONE is bad and when I start to complain I think of you. You are making it. You are fine. You are pulling the weight. So thank you for your sincere, humbling honesty and remember that we are all in this together and that's what makes this journey of motherhood so fun!! Love you & can't wait to see you very soon!!

JamieVB said...

Shannon,
You are so sweet. I think WE are the lucky ones to have such an incredible woman like you in our lives. You are always there to help any of your friends who need it without so much as a blink of an eye. Whether it be watching our kids or advice on picture hanging. You are always there. So thank YOU for being YOU. The strongest woman I know and am always learning from. You are an inspiration to all of us.

ohmomma said...

Shannon- Super-strong amazing women take care of their kids, and that is what you did. Seriously one tough momma. That was one loooooong week, girlfriend. Anyway, your kids are so easy! I get why you wanted them back, but I wish you would have let me keep one...