Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our Hawaiian Friends!!

One of the main reasons Mr. B and I decided to return to Maui this year was because our good friends from WSU are local residents of this amazing island. They were kind enough to let us stay with them as well as our other good friends Chad and Nicki. Josh is a six grade teacher in Kihei, and Catherine is a Event Coordinator. She gets paid to party :)!! I am kidding, she works very hard, as does Josh (duh, he is a teacher), but let me tell you they have the life I dream about. Josh gets off around two p.m. everyday and heads for the best surf on the island. Catherine frequently travels to the surrounding islands to over see her clients many events.

I can not express to you the generosity that these to showed us. Josh gave us personal surf lessons (which I was able to stand up a few times thanks to his extra push :). Catherine booked several of our excursion and was able to give us some amazing rates. They even took us on a personal snorkeling tour to swim with the Hawaiian sea turtle (this was a HUGE highlight of our trip). I could go on and on. The best part of all of this was spending time with them. We were blessed to have crossed paths with them nine years ago and I am so thankful that we have kept in touch. We are so thankful for all that you did to make our stay fabulous.

Mahalo, Josh and Catherine, we can't wait to be saying Aloha to the two of you again real soon!!




This photo cracks me up. Mr. B asked if I could photoshop him shorter :)!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

That last picture cracks me up - which one of these is not like the other?? (song from Sesame St.) :)

Shalie said...

Hee, hee, Ben looks so tall!! How funny. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in hawaii, hope I get to go someday.