Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's MY Turn :)! {Washington Family Photographer}

If you had asked me two years ago if I would ever pay $150 for a session fee to have my families pictures taken, I would have laugh at you.  Two years ago I hadn't even heard of custom photography.  I just thought if you wanted your family pictures taken you packed everyone up and went to Sears, and got maybe one good picture, and that was enough.  Well, knowing what I know now about the knowledge and expertise that goes into custom photography, as well as the quality of work, and the genuine moments and memories that it gives you.  I know now that it IS truly priceless.  It isn't just a photograph, but art that I will cherish for a lifetime.

I can't tell you how many times I have sat down to edit a family session, and found myself completely emotional as I see these moments of connection between a mother and her child.  And the whole time I am thinking to myself that nothing brings me more joy than to provide families with these memories that they can always look back on.  Yet I don't have ANY between me and my boys, or me and my husband, because I am always behind the camera.

So now it is MY turn :)!!

We are headed to Salt Lake City tomorrow to visit family, but also to have our family session done by one of  my ALL time favorite photographers Tiffany Burke.

I can not express to you in words, how excited I am to finally have a few incredible moments captured of me with my family.  It is worth every penny!!

The outfits are picked out, the bags are almost packed, and we just can't get there fast enough :)!!



So I thought it only appropriate to post our lastest family photo (taken almost two years ago, by my good friend Jamie Vanden Bos). 

I will see you all when we get back :)!








4 comments:

Shalie said...

I am excited for you guys! If you are here in the fall, we'd like one of my all time favorite photographers (I think you'ver heard of her, her name is Shannon Morgan) to take our family picture :)

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

awww thanks shalie, i would love to shoot one of my all time favorite families again :)!

Jennie said...

I can't wait to see them! Have a wonderful trip!

Berlynn said...

awww, I cant tell you how much I relate to this post and how much I completely agree to the priceless-ness of it!! lol, can't wait to see the results!