Saturday, August 1, 2009

A few Landscapes....

I seriously am drowning in pictures to edit, and even though at times it is overwhelming, I wouldn't want it any other way :)! I was lucky enough to have two sessions while visiting my home town with some old friends and their growing families, so stay tuned for their posts in the next few days.

So in between kids, life and photo session editing, I try and squeeze in a few pictures from our trip. These two aren't the best photographes but they are a good reflection of what our trip was all about, beautiful landscapes, and lot of FISH!! Fish are the reason we take these crazy trips, or at least the reason my husbands plans these trips 11 months out of the year :). And this trip didn't disappoint, there were lots to be had, hence the presence of all of the bears that we saw. Where there are bears there a fish :).

I tried and tried to get a cool shot of a fish jumping out of the water, and this was the best shot I could get. The red you see under the surface of the water to the right of the jumping fish is all salmon waiting to head up a creek to spawn.


7 comments:

MariePhotographie said...

Oh wow. I love the clouds! It's so fun to get a glimpse into your trip!

Shalie said...

What beautiful pictures. Seriously, we need to go with you guys one of these years! It is just gorgeous up there.

Audrey Coley Photography said...

Beautiful!! Wowzer!

Sherri said...

makes me want to go to alaska!

Spirit's Breeze Photography personal blog said...

luv the fish jumping

mindy said...

shannon, these alaska shots are so beautiful! I look forward to th da we get to see it all in person with you guy...

ohmomma said...

This is one for the travel brochure.