Monday, August 3, 2009

Where does the time go??

While visiting my home town of Healy, AK, I was fortunate to shoot my long time friend and her growing family. I have known her for as long as I can remember, and seriously where has the time gone? I don't know, but I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with her and her husband whom she met in Africa while serving a Peace Core mission. They have the most beautiful daughter!! Oh my goodness I could have shot her all day :)!! Thank you "C" family, I hope you love them as much as I do!!

I think he has the greatest smile :)!


So Miss "L" is known for her stone wall faces, and she made me work to get a few smiles, but I still think she is perfection with or without it :)!


My new favorite photo. I think it just tells such a beautiful story.


This is a geniune Alaskan cabin. Owned by an old family friend.


Kay, so this one might be my new favorite photo... Oh, I just can't pick :)!


Thank you "C" family, I love you guys!!

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

beautiful. I think her lack of smile balances out her daddy's beaming pride. Plus, since it was so rare, it is all the more special that you captured the last portrait.

MariePhotographie said...

I LOVE the one of their hands. That is priceless. These are beautiful, Shannon!

mindy said...

beautiful family!

love the wildflowers...nice touch!

Janna said...

So beautiful! I LOVE the picture of their hands. Glad you had a good time. And glad you are back safely.

MJC said...

We do love them SO much! Thank you so much for such wonderful photos!! I'm so happy you captured the one of her smiling, but I love the one of her serious look too. It captured the phase she's in now, which is special. I LOVE the hands one too. Love you!

Karen said...

You are the queen of catch lights! These are all fantastic. I love that cabin. Why do I picture Bella and Edward in it though?? lol!!

Courtney said...

The hands photo is amazing! Well, they all are! Fabulous job. I bet they're thrilled.