Friday, August 21, 2009

More Alaskan Edits!!

Slowly, slowly, picking at all the Alaskan pictures from our trip. You will probably see them trickling in for months to come :)!



This is a trappers cabin, which are very common in Alaska. Hunters and Trappers build them and then use them a few weeks out of the year. Most will leave them accessible to people to use, in return you leave behind something that future travelers can enjoy. We stayed in this little cabin for one night because there was a lot of bear activity in the area.

I just loved the textures in this shot.


And I had to throw one snapshot in of a Red Salmon. See the joy in my husbands face, and my son's fingers barely touching the fish :)!!

5 comments:

Shalie said...

Bryadon is so darn cute! Looks like he had a fun time. We will definitely have to make that trip with you guys sometime, maybe next year :)

Sherri said...

love the alaska pics and the new look of the blog.

MJC said...

Gorgeous photos, as always! I love the one of your "men" is so great! It looks like you had some beautiful weather!

Anonymous said...

Love the fish (and the hats).

Karen said...

I love that cabin shot. Simply beautiful. I hope to experience Alaska some day. Love the new look of the blog!!